Have a magical Easter weekend at Stirling Castle
28 March 2012
Enjoy a magical day out at Stirling Castle over the Easter weekend with fantastic entertainment on offer for all the family on Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th April 2012 from 12:00 to 4:00.
World class magicians will surprise and amaze you with enchanting illusions, quick-fire comedy and close-up magic. Meet a thousand year old wizard, watch spectacular jugglers and jovial jesters.
Stirling Castle is also celebrating Mr Punch’s birthday – he is 350 years old this year and is coming to the Enchanted Castle in his own inimitable style; not forgetting Judy, the Crocodile, the Sausages, the Policeman, the Doctor, Joey The Clown, Jack Ketch, The Ghost and The Devil.
Gillian Macdonald, Executive Manager of Stirling Castle said: “This is going to be a magical weekend for all the family. Come along and find out all about James IV’s personal alchemist, John Damian, who foolishly tried to fly from the castle walls, marvel at the amazing magicians and enjoy the Punch and Judy puppet show.”
These activities are included in the admission price: Adult £13.00, Concession £10.00, Child £6.50
Castle Magic Evening
Experience Stirling Castle without the crowds by coming to our Castle Magic event on Saturday 7th April. Our exclusive evening of magic and wit runs from 8:00pm – 10:30 pm (doors open 7.30pm). Be entertained by an exciting display of sophisticated magic tricks, dark stories from the castle’s dramatic history and quick fire humour aimed at an adult audience. A bar is available. Age restrictions apply, tickets available for adults and children 12 and above.
Limited places, don’t miss out, book online at www.stirlingcastle.gov.uk
Adult £15:00, Concession £10.00, Historic Scotland member £10.00
KRAMUS NEXIFIUS (Mark Fisken)
Mark is an accomplished magician from the Kingdom of Fife, Scotland. He has performed previously at Edinburgh Castle, Stirling Castle, on board the Orient Express and at the Royal Palace of Falkland. A proud member of the Magic Circle, he has entertained throughout Scotland, England and Germany with his mystical character, the 2000 year old Wizard, Kramus Nexifius. Kramus also starred alongside side 16 International Magicians at the Magical 1 Malaysia Festival in March 2012.
From England comes one of the world's fastest rising Magic Stars. A multi-award winner, he just finished a highly acclaimed run of shows at the Edinburgh Festival and starred in the Magical 1 Malaysia Festival Kuala Lumpur. Paul presents an eclectic mix of jaw-dropping sleight of hand, enchanting illusion and quick-fire comedy, presented with an impish sense of mischief.
Alex has been astounding audiences for over 25 years in both the UK and across in the USA. Acclaimed by Davenports Magic (London) as “the best children’s magician we have ever seen” Alex has performed to family and adult audiences in Edinburgh Castle, Gleneagles Hotel, London’s Tower Bridge and alongside other International Magicians in the Palace of Magic. Alex is much in demand, by magic clubs, to lecture about his art in both the UK and the United States of America. In 2005/6 Alex was elected to the prestigious office of President of The Scottish Conjurers Association and is past president of The Scottish Association of Magical Societies
PROFESSOR KNIGHT & ROSS of MASKOT PUPPET THEATRE
Can you believe Mr. Punch is 350 years old this year and we're celebrating his birthday? He is coming to the Enchanted Castle in his own inimitable style; not forgetting Judy, the Crocodile, the Sausages, the Policeman, the Doctor, Joey the Clown, Jack Ketch, The Ghost and The Devil. Get ready to shout 'That's the way to do it' and experience all the magic of the tradition. Professor's Knight and Ross of Maskot Puppet Theatre will entertain you from their very own Punch and Judy Booth plus walkabout. This performance is a forerunner of The Big Grin Heritage Trail that will be coming to Scotland this summer courtesy of The Scottish Mask & Puppet Centre and PuppetLink supported by The Heritage Lottery Fund."
Lewis is a World Class Close-Up Magician and proud winner of numerous national conjuring awards. Lewis produces unforgettable reactions wherever he performs. Combining astonishing magic with a relaxed manner, his unique skills have led him to become one of the UK’s most sought after magicians. He is also magical consultant to the BBC, past president of the Edinburgh Magic Circle and enjoyed success with his one man show at the Fringe and as part of Magic Fest.
Notes for editors:
- For all the latest on what is happening at Stirling Castle, visit our website at www.stirlingcastle.gov.uk and sign up for our free e-newsletter.
- Historic Scotland has 345 historic properties and sites in its care. These include some of the leading tourism attractions in the country, including Edinburgh, Stirling, and Urquhart Castles, Fort George, Linlithgow Palace, the Border Abbeys, and Skara Brae. For further details visit: www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/places.
- Historic Scotland around the web:
- The Year of Creative Scotland began on January 1, 2012 and will spotlight and celebrate Scotland’s cultural and creative strengths on a world stage. Through a dynamic and exciting year-long programme of activity celebrating our world-class events, festivals, culture and heritage, the year puts Scotland’s culture and creativity in the international spotlight with a focus on cultural tourism and developing the events industry and creative sector in Scotland. More information about the programme can be found at: www.visitscotland.com/creative
- The Year of Creative Scotland is a Scottish Government initiative led in partnership by EventScotland, VisitScotland, Creative Scotland and VOCAL. More information and resources to help businesses engage with Year of Creative Scotland are available at www.visitscotland.org/yearofcreativescotland-toolkit