Orkney Explorer Pass
The key to unlocking thousands of years of History at some of the Top Attractions in Orkney and Shetland. The Orkney Explorer Pass is the ideal way to enjoy the fantastic heritage offered on these islands.
BUY ONLINE NOW
Places to Visit:
- Visit the 5,000 year old village of Skara Brae and see what life was like in the Stone Age.
- This world famous Maeshowe was built before 2700BC. The large mound covers a stone built passage and a burial chamber with cells in the walls. Timed tours now operate, please call in advance to book on 01856 761 606
- The Bishop’s Palace is a 12th-century hall-house in Kirkwall. The notorious Patrick Stewart, Earl of Orkney, built the adjacent Earl’s Palace between 1600 and 1607.
- Surrounded by a warren of Iron Age buildings, the Broch of Gurness probably dates to the 1st century AD.
- The Brough of Birsay is a Pictish and Norse powerbase with well, replica carvings, ruins of Norse homes and 12th century church.
- Hackness Martello Tower & Battery is one of a pair of towers built between 1813 and 1815 to provide defence against French and American privateers for British convoys assembling in the sound of Longhope.
- Wander around Jarlshof Prehistoric and Norse Settlement (at Sumburgh Head, Shetland), where people lived for more than 4,000 years.
The pass is valid from April – October only.
Please see the Regional Explorer Pass section on our Terms & Conditions page
for further information.
How does the pass work?
Your pass will become valid after your first site visit and is valid for 30 consecutive days from first day of use. Multiple sites may be visited in any one day. Only one visit per site is permitted. This pass is non-refundable and must only be used by the named signatory.
Access to Maeshowe is by a timed tour, which must be booked in advance by phoning: 01856 761 606.
Orkney Pass Prices
|Adult:||Individuals aged 16-59 yrs
|Concession: ||Aged 60yrs+, Students in full time education (on production of valid ID),
Unemployed (proof of Jobseekers Allowance, Incapacity Benefit or Income Support required)
|Child:||Aged 5-15 yrs (under 5s admitted free) *
|Family:||Two adults plus up to 6 children aged 5-15 yrs
* Children must be accompanied by an adult.