Explorer Pass and Regional Explorer Pass Terms and Conditions
Standard Explorer Pass Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions refer to Historic Scotland three and seven day Explorer Passes.
- The pass entitles the holder to free admission to any Historic Scotland staffed property subject to opening times as advertised. It does not include properties in the care of The National Trust for Scotland, members of the Historic Houses Association, the Palace of Holyrood House or those in care of private trusts.
- The pass is valid for one entry per site.
- Historic Scotland will not be held responsible for any lost passes or dates marked in error by the pass holder.
- Passes are non-refundable, non-transferable and must only be used by the named signatory.
- Historic Scotland reserve the right to request proof of age and can confiscate the pass and refuse entry to anyone with the wrong category of pass.
- Passes should be validated and signed by the pass holder prior to arrival at the first property.
- All passes must be displayed on arrival at each property.
- For subsequent visits the passes should be dated accordingly and presented to the Steward on arrival at each property.
Regional Explorer Pass Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions refer to Orkney, Borders and Dumfries and Galloway Explorer Passes.
- Multiple sites may be visited in any one day and only one visit per site is permitted. Regional Explorer Passes only permit access to those Historic Scotland sites detailed on the pass and do not include properties in the care of private trusts, the National Trust for Scotland, the Palace of Holyrood house or members of Historic Houses Association.
- Passes have no validity period and will become active after your first site visit.
- If you are a full time student and have purchased a concession pass, you may be asked to produce a valid student identification card.
- Orkney Explorer Pass users please note that access to Maeshowe is by a timed tour, which must be booked in advance by phoning 01856 761 606.
- This pass is non-refundable, non-transferable and must only be used by the named signatory.
- All passes must be validated and signed prior to, or on arrival by the pass holder. Historic Scotland will not be held responsible for any lost passes or dates marked by the pass holder in error.