About Holyrood Abbey
The ruined nave of the 12th and 13th century abbey church.
The church was built for Augustinian canons. The abbey and palace administered by the Lord Chamberlain.
The property is part of the Edinburgh World Heritage Sites.
Entrance fee payable to Palace of Holyroodhouse (a 20% discount applies to Historic Scotland Members).
About Abbey Strand
The three-storey building on Abbey Strand has its origins in the late 15th or early 16th century.
It was partly rebuilt in 1544 and was heavily restored in 1916.
The buildings to the east began as an extension to the west tenement in the mid 16th century. View exterior only.
Abbey Strand currently houses a Historic Scotland bookshop.
Region – Edinburgh and the Lothians
Holyrood Abbey lies at the foot of the Canongate, Edinburgh, in the grounds of the Palace of Holyroodhouse.
Grid reference - NT269 739.
Access to Holyrood Abbey is through the Palace of Holyroodhouse, which is not managed by Historic Scotland.
Admission is charged (20% discount for Historic Scotland Members).
Tel 0131 557 2365 or visit www.royalcollection.org.uk for additional information.