At Historic Scotland, the Conservation Group informs and sustains the conservation, repair and maintenance of the built environment by;
- Undertaking technical and scientific research
- Supporting the perpetuation and understanding of traditional building skills
- Understanding and promoting the use and availability of traditional building materials
- Provision of specialist technical and scientific advice
- Provision of applied specialist conservation services
- Delivery of technical education and outreach activity
The director of the Conservation Group) is David Mitchell
Our team can provide:
Advice and information on the care of historic buildings in Scotland through our technical team and conservation publications for the public and professionals.
Training support through our events, fellowships & internships programme, and a small grants scheme to support building conservation in Scotland.
A knowledge base of building methods, materials and technical expertise unique to Scotland.