The browser you are using is out of date and is no longer supported. To view and use this site correctly, please update your browser to the latest version.
At Historic Scotland, the Conservation Group informs and sustains the conservation, repair and maintenance of the built environment by;
- Undertaking technical and scientific research
- Supporting the perpetuation and understanding of traditional building skills
- Understanding and promoting the use and availability of traditional building materials
- Provision of specialist technical and scientific advice
- Provision of applied specialist conservation services
- Delivery of technical education and outreach activity
The director of the Conservation Group) is David Mitchell
Our team can provide:
Advice and information on the care of historic buildings in Scotland through our technical team and conservation publications for the public and professionals.
Training support through our events, fellowships & internships programme, and a small grants scheme to support building conservation in Scotland.
A knowledge base of building methods, materials and technical expertise unique to Scotland.
Salisbury Place, Edinburgh
Tel: +44 (0) 131 668 8668