Conserving Scotland's Retail Buildings Seminar - 22nd September 2008
This seminar has now finished
Seminar proceedings are available for download.
This seminar was organised by Technical Conservation Group, Historic Scotland to bring together expertise from Scotland, England and Ireland involved in the conservation of historic retail buildings. Delegates were from a variety of backgrounds including architects, planners, conservation officers and other conservation professionals.
1. Introduction [pdf, 174kb]
2. Researching Scotland's Retail Buildings - Lindsay Lennie [pdf, 460kb]
3. Timber Shop Frontages and their Details - Paul Beaton [pdf, 522kb]
4. Use of Ceramic Tiles in Shops - Tony Herbert [pdf, 882kb]
5. Shopfront Design and Construction, the Use of Iron and Other Metals - Ali Davey [pdf, 678kb]
6. Protecting the Legacy - Debbie Mays [pdf, 761kb]
7. Shop in Lawnmarket - Ian Riddell [pdf, 669kb]
8. Big Picture, Small Details - Ross Hunter [pdf, 209kb]
9. The Role of Design and Shop Frontages in Urban Design - Liz Davidson [pdf, 692kb]
10. Maintaining Local Shop Identity - Mark Douglas [pdf, 744kb]