- GENERATION – 25 Years of Contemporary Art in Scotland is a ground breaking project celebrating the development of contemporary visual art in Scotland over the last 25 years
- GENERATION exhibitions are taking place right across the county between May and November 2014. The majority of exhibitions, like Katy Dove at Duff House, are taking place over summer 2014
- No other country has ever held a contemporary visual art exhibition on this scale before. Effectively the whole of Scotland becomes the gallery
- GENERATION will feature the work of over 100 artists in more than 70 venues the length and breadth of Scotland
- GENERATION is a major part of the Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014 Cultural Programme and a key Homecoming Scotland 2014 partner event
Duff House’s exhibition comes from Glasgow based artist, Katy Dove, her work will feature projected animations and a selection of works on paper and canvas. All carefully chosen and positioned within the symmetrical galleries. It focuses on a preoccupation with the interplay between the architecture of a space and the display of artwork.
Two films are presented as part of Katy Dove’s exhibition October (2011) which combines filmed footage of landscape with animated drawing and painting and Meaning in Action (2013) which explores the existence of meaning in bodily movement, an idea common to choreography.
Katy’s solo exhibition can be viewed daily 11am to 5pm from Saturday 26 July until Saturday 23 August. Don’t miss your chance to be part of GENERATION – you may want to check out the full list of GENERATION events and exhibitions.